Puffer Teal (1902- circa1926)

A place for any requests for help and information in tracing relatives, ships, etc
Clydebuilt

Puffer Teal (1902- circa1926)

Post by Clydebuilt » Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:02 am

I am looking for any information and/or pictures of the Screw Steamer "Teal"

Built in 1902 by Scott & Sons, Bowling

First owners: Glasgow Steam Coasters Co.Ltd., (Paton & Hendry, managers), Glasgow
Subsequent owners
1911 Managers restyled as Hendry, McCallum & Co, Glasgow.
By 1914 Peter C. McLeod, Alloa
1921 Neil McNair, Tarbert, Argyll (registered at Borrowstoness)
1926 Registered at Hull to Oughtred & Harrison Ltd (Herbert Harrison, manager) Hull

alasdairmac

Re: Puffer Teal (1902- circa1926)

Post by alasdairmac » Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:09 pm

Sorry, I've got her on my Puffer and VICs database (although it appears that I have forgotten to add her to the online version - to be rectified soon!) but have no more information than you appear to have there except that she was listed up until at least 1930. My notes tell me that I did search the usual archives incl Hull Museum's, and came up with nothing - and no press reports or anything that would give any colour to her existence. It looks like she led a pretty uneventful life.

I could speculate that her move to Alloa-based owners would have seen her possibly engaged in the feeder trade from the Forth Ports, incl Bo'ness where she was registered for a few years, through to Port Dundas. Or perhaps also in the grain trade from Fife & Angus through to the distilleries on the West Coast.

Clydebuilt

Re: Puffer Teal (1902- circa1926)

Post by Clydebuilt » Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:14 pm

Thank you for that. I suspect somewhere, some time, more info will pop up.

Return to “GENEALOGY / RESEARCH”