SUN VI (1902)

yorkieman
Posts: 3878
Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:41 am
Location: Cottingham, Hull
Contact:

SUN VI (1902)

Post by yorkieman » Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:12 pm

Began life as CONSERVATOR at King's Lynn.
This photo by Ken Smith.
SUNVI.jpg
George Robinson
Freeman of Eriskay

User avatar
Bill Harvey
Posts: 441
Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:16 pm

Re: SUN VI (1902)

Post by Bill Harvey » Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:42 am

SUN VI (1915 - 1960)
O.N. 93654. 139g. 17n. 90.0 x 19.6 x 10.1 feet.
C.2-cyl. (17” & 35" x 24") engine by the shipbuilder. 500ihp.
11.1902: Completed as CONSERVATOR by Allsup & Company Ltd., Preston (Yard No. 178) for the King’s Lynn Conservancy Board, King’s Lynn.
1915: Purchased by William Henry James Alexander and renamed SUN VI.
1929: Transferred to W. P. and G. F. Alexander, London.
1930: Transferred to W. H. J. Alexander Ltd., London.
9.1939 until 12.12.1945: Requisitioned by the Admiralty at Sheerness.
1960: Sold to T. W. Ward Ltd., Sheffield for demolition at their Grays, Essex facility.

Post Reply

Return to “W.H.J. ALEXANDER – Sun tugs”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests