SUN IV (1915)

yorkieman
Posts: 3878
Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:41 am
Location: Cottingham, Hull
Contact:

SUN IV (1915)

Post by yorkieman » Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:25 pm

SUNIV.jpg
George Robinson
Freeman of Eriskay

User avatar
Bill Harvey
Posts: 441
Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:16 pm

Re: SUN IV (1915)

Post by Bill Harvey » Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:54 pm

SUN IV (1915 - 1966)
O.N. 139075. 200g. 65n. 105.0 x 25.5 x 12.4 feet.
T.3-cyl. (15", 24” & 40" x 27") engine by the shipbuilder. 90nhp. 750ihp.
17.3.1915: Launched by Earle's Shipbuilding and Engineering Company Ltd., Hull (Yard No.613) for J. Constant, London, on behalf of William Henry James Alexander, London.
8.1915: Completed.
1929: Transferred to W. P. and G. F. Alexander, London.
1930: Transferred to W.H. J. Alexander Ltd., London.
14.10.1940: Requisitioned by the Admiralty (Steel and Bennie Ltd., Glasgow, appointed as managers).
Prior to 1946: Removed from management.
18.2.1946: Returned to owners.
1966: Sold to Societa Rimorchiatori Napoletani, Italy and renamed S.BENIGNO / SAN BENIGNO.
12.1978: Delivered to Palermo Salvatore & Company for demolition at Naples.

Post Reply

Return to “W.H.J. ALEXANDER – Sun tugs”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest