STORM COCK (1885)

yorkieman
Posts: 3878
Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:41 am
Location: Cottingham, Hull
Contact:

STORM COCK (1885)

Post by yorkieman » Sat Oct 15, 2011 7:29 pm

Believed to be the 1885 tug of this name
STORMCOCK1885.jpg
George Robinson
Freeman of Eriskay

User avatar
Bill Harvey
Posts: 441
Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:16 pm

Re: STORM COCK (1885)

Post by Bill Harvey » Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:21 am

STORM COCK (4) (1899 - 1915) iron screw tug.
/ STORMBIRD (1915 - 1919)
/ STORM COCK (4) (1919 - 1934)
O.N. 89197. 215g. 11n. 115.5 x 22.0 x 12.0 feet.
C.2-cyl. (23” & 44" x 30") engine by Pearson & Company, Glasgow. 99nhp. 540ihp.
3.2.1885: Launched as RED ROSE by E. Finch & Company, Chepstow (Yard No. 64) for David Guy (W. H. Guy, manager), Cardiff.
1885: Completed.
4.1886: Sold by the mortgage holder to Arthur J. Couves & others (trading as the Gamecock Steam Towing Company, Gravesend.
2.1892: Sold to John Guthrie and Thomas Heywood (Guthrie, Heywood & Company), Cardiff.
3.1899: Purchased by William Becket Hill & 0thers (trading as Liverpool Screw Towing & Lighterage Company), Liverpool and renamed STORM COCK.
13.8.1914: Hired by the Admiralty as a dockyard tug and renamed STORMBIRD.
9.10.1919: Returned to owners and reverted to STORM COCK.
1934: Demolished by W. H. Arnott, Young & Company Ltd., Dalmuir.

Post Reply

Return to “Liverpool Screw Towing”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest