STORM COCK (1877)

yorkieman
Posts: 3878
Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:41 am
Location: Cottingham, Hull
Contact:

STORM COCK (1877)

Post by yorkieman » Sat Oct 15, 2011 7:28 pm

STORMCOCK1877.jpg
George Robinson
Freeman of Eriskay

User avatar
Bill Harvey
Posts: 441
Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:16 pm

Re: STORM COCK (1877)

Post by Bill Harvey » Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:16 am

STORM COCK (1) (1877 - 1882) iron twin screw tug.
O.N. 78757. 325g. 120n. 155.5 x 25.1 x 12.1 feet.
Two, C.2-cyl. (26” & 45" x 30") engines by the shipbuilder. 250nhp.
5.12.1877: Launched by Laird Bros., Birkenhead (Yard No. 444) for William Becket Hill and others (trading as Liverpool Screw Towing and Lighterage Company).
1877: Completed.
1882: Chartered to the Admiralty for military operations in Egypt.
24.9.1882: Sold to the Admiralty.
1921: Sold to Samuel Palmer, Cork.
7.3.1922: Renamed MORSECOCK.
1953: Demolished at Passage West by Haulbowline Industries Ltd.

Post Reply

Return to “Liverpool Screw Towing”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest