Page 1 of 1

FLYING COCK (1960)

Posted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:31 am
by yorkieman
At Liverpool assisting SUNPRINCESS
FLYINGCOCK1960.jpg

Re: FLYING COCK

Posted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:54 am
by Bill Harvey
FLYING COCK (2) (1960 - 1970) /
GLADSTONE (5) (1970 - 1975)
O.N. 301331. 159g. 0n. 95' 3" x 25' 11" x 10' 2½".
6-cyl. 4 S.C.S.A. (12½" x 14½") Ruston 6ATCM type engine by Ruston and Hornsby, Lincoln. 1,200bhp. 10 kts.
30.12.1959: Launched as FLYING COCK by Cammell, Laird & Company (Shipbuilding and Engineering) Ltd., Birkenhead (Yard No. 1299) for North West Tugs Ltd., (H.Edwards, manager).
15.2.1960: Completed.
1965: Brian S. Clarke appointed as manager.
1966: North West Tugs Ltd., (same manager), was sold to Alexandra Towing Company Ltd.
17.1.1967: Owners restyled as Liverpool Screw Towing Company Ltd.
15.9.1970: Renamed GLADSTONE.
1975: Transferred to Alexandra Towing Company Ltd.
1981: Sold to Nicolas E. Vernicos Shipping Company Ltd., Piraeus and renamed VERNICOS MARTIN.
1994: Transferred to N. Sifnos II Maritime Company, (Nicolas E. Vernicos Salvage and Towage, managers), Piraeus and renamed AGIOS ANDREAS.
5.2011: Demolished at Aliaga.

Re: FLYING COCK

Posted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:38 pm
by yorkieman
As AGIOS ANDREAS (left) at Piraeus on 02/01/2005
AGIOSANDREAS020105.jpg
Photo by Nikos, Piraeus