Pushycat PIKE II

Towage news from around the world
davidships

Pushycat PIKE II

Post by davidships » Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:30 pm

PushyCat 42 PIKE II was recently for sale on Apollo Duck. Now sold.

Buyer is James Molinary Ltd, Gibraltar (owner of ff/tug ANNA). Renamed JAMES M. and registered London. Being sent to Netherlands for full rebuild, and should enter service at beginning of 2011.

<<<<<<<prev ad>>>>>>>>
Damen PushyCat 42, 1980ish. Reconditioned 140 hp Ford Cargo with PRM 3/1 Gearbox. Wagner heavy duty hyd steering, totally rewired, new nav/deck lights, new batteries with changeover switch, new cockpit decks, reconditioned 4 Bladed heavy duty propeller, Hull condition sound, vessel was spare workboat and is now surplus to requirement. Located East Coast. Try a silly offer, space needed so vessel must go. SOLD [asking price was £12000]
>>>>>>>>

David
Attachments
PIKE II.jpg
PIKE II.jpg (40.83 KiB) Viewed 1371 times
David Asprey

TugDoc

Re: Pushycat PIKE II

Post by TugDoc » Sat Jul 24, 2010 2:42 pm

David,
don't loolk like a PushyCat to me. Hull form does not tally judging from the pic and non were built with a superstructure like that. The hull form is much more in line with the oulder, 1950's, dredgetenders / launch tugs with a 'vlet' (completely round bilge) design
Job (TugDoc)

Tug Chief

Re: Pushycat PIKE II

Post by Tug Chief » Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:25 am

I delivered this mighty vessel from Langston to Portland when she was bought by Griffin Towage. I think that she changed hands then for about 10K.

She was a dog of a thing and very thin in places, especially under the shaft. She had an old Cummins in her which was from a standby generator at Gatwick airport. She will most certainly need a good refit!

Darren.

Return to “TUGS AND TOWING”