Empress 1888 - Tender

User avatar
Woody
Posts: 4934
Joined: Sat Jul 24, 2010 2:11 pm

Empress 1888 - Tender

Post by Woody » Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:51 pm

Empress
Requisitioned Paddle Tender
Launched by Napier Shanks & Bell Yoker, Yard No 44, on 6/11/1888 as a Paddle Steamer for the Loch Lomond Steamboat Company. Scrapped in 1933
229 tons
165 ft x 20.1 ft x 6.3 ft
Engines by D Rowan Glasgow
Side Paddle, steam, simple diagonal engine, 2 cylinders. 120 nhp

By completion the Steamboat Company had been taken over by the North British Steam Packet Co
Entered service on Loch Lomond in 1890
January 1919 hired by the Admiralty for use as a tender
12/2/1919 Returned and used mainly as a spare steamer
December 1925 made her last trip on Loch Lomond and was laid up
by 1930 London Midland & Scottish Railway & London & North Eastern Railway Companies.
Attachments
C1 Empress Luss Pier GL.jpg
Empress at Luss Pier
Graham Lapin
C2 Empress.jpg
Empress

Return to “RN Warships and Auxiliaries built on the Clyde”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests