Chivelstone 1898 - Salvage Vessel

User avatar
Woody
Posts: 4927
Joined: Sat Jul 24, 2010 2:11 pm

Chivelstone 1898 - Salvage Vessel

Post by Woody » Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:49 pm

Chivelstone
Salvage Ship - DW.16
Launched by William Simons & Co. Ltd., Yard No 354, on 13/12/1898 as a Salvage Vessel for the Admiralty. 1986 scrapped at St. Davids on the River Forth.
194 grt
104.9 ft x 2http://forums.clydemaritime.co.uk/index.php 4.7 ft x 10 ft
1 screw, C2cyl

1939 to James A. White, North Queensferry
At some stage was renamed RECOVERY
1966 J.A.White & Co.

More information Welcome
Attachments
Chivelstone OSPG.jpg
Chivelstone
Old Ship Picture Galleries

Return to “RN Warships and Auxiliaries built on the Clyde”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests