Adsteam UK Ltd

Bill Harvey

Adsteam UK Ltd

Post by Bill Harvey » Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:17 pm

Unsure if I am breaching site rules by posting this so it may disappear through time and I will apologise in advance.

For those who may be interested - coming soon - A Book on CD

ADSTEAM UK LTD
A Group Fleet History.
W.J.Harvey & D. Asprey

The culmination of over 20 years research the work is currently in the final stages of preparation and it is our intention to publish the CD toward the end of this year.

As with the previous my titles, Blue Funnel and Cayzer, Irvine, it will be presented in searchable PDF format making it usable on most modern computers. Adobe Reader is available as a free download from the net it you do not have it already installed.

What you will see on the screen will be the same layout as a printed book requiring only the movement of the mouse to scroll down. It will be fully printable if a hard copy is preferred.

The book will actually be presented as “five books within a book” due to how the group developed in three separate geographical areas of the United Kingdom. Each section will be self-contained with a table of contents and ship index to enable the reader to print any section or the full work dependent on area of interest. The page numbers run consecutively throughout.

Currently in excess of 800 vessels are detailed.

The main sections are as follows.

1. United Towing / North British Maritime Group including their ancestral fleets. (The catalyst of the group 90 years ago)

2. Alexandra Towing Group and subsidiary fleets - excluding London

2a. Alexandra Towing Group London, Harwich & Felixstowe including the ancestral
London fleets

3. Howard Smith UK Group

4. Adsteam UK Ltd Group

Currently standing at 650 A4 pages including images, this may rise slightly as final images are placed and final details added to vessels careers.

My cut off point was the sale to Svitzer in 2007, as their UK ancestry has been well documented in other works such as Cory Towage; Clyde Shipping, Seahorses of The Tees and 150 Years of the Maltese Cross.

Further updates will follow nearer to the release date. PM me with an e-mail address around the end of October
Last edited by Bill Harvey on Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:36 pm, edited 3 times in total.

mcmahos
Site Admin

Re: Adsteam UK Ltd

Post by mcmahos » Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:43 pm

I'm happy to include this in the new 'For Sale' section, subject to the Rules etc for this sub-forum.
Stuart McMahon, Site Admin and Head Honcho
www.clydemaritime.co.uk | forums.clydemaritime.co.uk (Tapatalk enabled) | puffers.clydemaritime.co.uk
Twitter: @clydemaritime

My website: md93.co.uk | My Flickr site | My blog: longtail.co.uk | Twitter: @threetowner

SHIPSFAN

Post by SHIPSFAN » Sun Aug 29, 2010 2:00 pm

GOOD NEWS BILL,KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK, BRIAN

Bill Harvey

Post by Bill Harvey » Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:31 pm

An unexpected slight but content-beneficial delay has occurred but now on track to be available around 23/24 November

As stated above a PM will bring details until a proper advert arranged

Bill

Bill Harvey

Post by Bill Harvey » Sat Nov 20, 2010 4:33 pm

CD now ready and the first orders recently placed will be dispatched Monday 22nd November.

As stated above a Private Message will bring details

Bill Harvey

Post by Bill Harvey » Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:39 pm

For those who are members of "Clydesite" and are interested, several reviews of the CD have been posted on the Tug Talk board over the past few days.

Bill

Bill Harvey

Post by Bill Harvey » Sat Jan 01, 2011 12:00 pm

Happy new year for 2011.

Thank you to all those people who have supported this project.

Since the end of November over 30 CDs have been dispatched and some of those orders have been as a result of "word of mouth" recommendation by satisfied people. Thanks go to those individuals.

As stated above a Private Message with an e-mail address will bring details by return.

Best wishes

Bill

Bill Harvey

Post by Bill Harvey » Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:40 pm

Full details of this and other books on CD can now be viewed within the post "BOOKS ON CD"

Bill

Return to “FOR SALE”