Especially for the Puffer-mannie

A place to let off steam - anything goes - well, almost!
Angus Mac Kinnon

Especially for the Puffer-mannie

Post by Angus Mac Kinnon » Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:11 pm

Model of the old LADY ISLE, in a window of the Troon harbour restaurant, MacCalum's Oyster Bar, where only the finest quality of fish and seafood in general might be expected. Next door is the famous WEE HURRIE 'chippie'. People come long distances to sample the cod and haddock here, not to mention the delectable baked halibut, monkfish, lemon sole, tempura squid, langoustines in garlic butter, and queenies fit for a king

For anyone who has not been there - well worthy of a visit, superb quality by ones who know their fish. They originate from South Uist, but that's not their fault, they learned their art from the neighbouring Eriskeans! :lol:

Angus
Attachments
Puffer 'LADY ISLE'.JPG
Model of Puffer LADY ISLE
Angus Mac Kinnon

alasdairmac

Re: Especially for the Puffer-mannie

Post by alasdairmac » Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:08 pm

Aye, there's at least a couple of good things about Troon Sur Mer, despite what a certain Parrotonian might claim.

It's been a couple of years since I had a haddie supper from the Wee Hurrie Angus, but having done so in the knowledge of that esteemed establishment's reputation, I do remember it as being up there with the best. Not yet tried the restaurant though. Maybe one day.

Awrabest from the Middle East.

Sent from my GT-I8150 using Tapatalk 2

yorkieman

Re: Especially for the Puffer-mannie

Post by yorkieman » Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:35 am

See that Angus, he's gone all the way to the Middle East to find some heat and sunshine, when he only needed to drive down to Troon. And I bet the fish is a bit Dubaious out there :)
George Robinson
Freeman of Eriskay

Return to “FOGHORN”