Tapatalk query

Info about the site
Doxford Diesel

Tapatalk query

Post by Doxford Diesel » Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:04 pm

I use Tapatalk to access this and other forums on my mobile phone, and very handy it is too. One odd thing I have noted is that when I check to see new posts, for example first thing in the morning, I find that there are sometimes only one or tow showing. But when I check on the forum, using the 'view active' link, there have been several posts made since my last actual visit, and that my last visit shown has been just an hour or two earlier when, in fact, I've not been online.

Does anybody else have this happen?

mcmahos
Site Admin

Re: Tapatalk query

Post by mcmahos » Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:38 am

Can't really help you with this as the tapatalk functionality is provided by a third-party developer. I've just updated the plugin to the latest version, so see if that makes any difference.
Stuart McMahon, Site Admin and Head Honcho
www.clydemaritime.co.uk | forums.clydemaritime.co.uk (Tapatalk enabled) | puffers.clydemaritime.co.uk
Twitter: @clydemaritime

My website: md93.co.uk | My Flickr site | My blog: longtail.co.uk | Twitter: @threetowner

Doxford Diesel

Post by Doxford Diesel » Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:37 am

Thanks, Stuart. That seems to have done the trick. I was beginning to think I was alone with this problem as nobody else chipped in.

alasdairmac

Post by alasdairmac » Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:03 pm

Yes, I'd noticed this. Will keep an eye on it now and see if it is fixed for me too.

Sent from my GT-I8150 using Tapatalk 2

mcmahos
Site Admin

Post by mcmahos » Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:11 am

I've updated the plugin from v3.3.0 to v3.3.1 as there were apparently a couple of minor bug fixes required.

Not sure if this is a bug, but it's different from how messages displayed before. When you go into Latest Messages it used to show the number of Unread Messages from your last visit, it now shows a count of all Unread Messages (I guess still from your last visit). In my case (and Alasdair's) it is showing 99+ in the tabbed header, and over 1000 messages at the bottom of the screen.

Any other oddities, just add them in here and I'll keep an eye on the support forums.

Stuart
www.clydemaritime.co.uk | forums.clydemaritime.co.uk (Tapatalk enabled) | puffers.clydemaritime.co.uk

My website: md93.co.uk | My Flickr site | My blog: longtail.co.uk | Twitter: @threetowner

alasdairmac

Post by alasdairmac » Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:40 pm

Stuart. I used the "mark forum as read" option in tapatalk last night when in the list of 1000 supposed "new" posts and that appears to have fixed the problem. I've been in and out several times since and am now only getting genuinely new posts on tapatalk. Must be a bug in the mobile app synching with the server app.

Will keep my eye on and advise if any further isssues. Cheers for now.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:26 pm

Tapatalk plugin has been updated to latest version (3.7.0). Let me know if any users have issues with it.
My Flickr site
My website: md93.co.uk
My blog: longtail.co.uk

alasdairmac

Post by alasdairmac » Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:42 am

Stuart. Are you referring to iPhone version? Android is on 2.4.13 with no update to that currently available.

mcmahos
Site Admin

Post by mcmahos » Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:52 am

No - it's the plugin that's installed on the forum to enable the phone app to function correctly.

alasdairmac

Post by alasdairmac » Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:22 pm

Understood. No issues with it anyway.

Return to “Housekeeping”