Logging In Query

Info about the site
Norry M

Logging In Query

Post by Norry M » Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:16 am

...Hi Guys...

Does anyone else have the same annoying problem as I am having ?...

I normally check out the site at least once a day...Each time I have to log on again to get into the site...
Does the site not automatically store your log on details like other sites...
All the other sites that I visit are Ok when i use the "Log on automatically on each visit" option...
My computer is set to remember log in details for each site visited but not this one...

...Best Regards...Norry...

Henk

Re: Logging In Query

Post by Henk » Sun Dec 04, 2011 12:31 pm

Norry, I don't "log out" but get out with the "red cross" and always got in strait to the forum when I open this site!
Henk de Winde

mcmahos
Site Admin

Post by mcmahos » Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:04 pm

What browser (and version) / operating system are you using Norry?
Stuart McMahon, Site Admin and Head Honcho
www.clydemaritime.co.uk | forums.clydemaritime.co.uk (Tapatalk enabled) | puffers.clydemaritime.co.uk
Twitter: @clydemaritime

My website: md93.co.uk | My Flickr site | My blog: longtail.co.uk | Twitter: @threetowner

iain Robertson

Post by iain Robertson » Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:24 pm

I have the same problem. Despite checking the 'log me in automatically' box when I log in I still have to log in manually on each visit to the site. Not a major problem, but still tiresome. My OS is Windows7 and my browser is Google Chrome if that helps explain it.

mcmahos
Site Admin

Post by mcmahos » Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:47 pm

In Chrome, if you go to the small spanner menu, then select Options > Under the Hood > Content Settings, what settings are ticked in the top cookie section? On my laptop it is just the first one (Allow local data to be set [recommended]). If the last option to clear cookies when brower is checked, then untick that, and fingers crossed your browser and site should remember you.
www.clydemaritime.co.uk | forums.clydemaritime.co.uk (Tapatalk enabled) | puffers.clydemaritime.co.uk

My website: md93.co.uk | My Flickr site | My blog: longtail.co.uk | Twitter: @threetowner

iain Robertson

Post by iain Robertson » Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:31 pm

Nope, "allow local data to be set (recommended)", is the only box checked in that section, the "clear cookies" box is not checked.

mcmahos
Site Admin

Post by mcmahos » Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:50 pm

Can you try again over the next few visits - I've cleared out one of the database tables relating to logins.

iain Robertson

Post by iain Robertson » Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:29 pm

mcmahos wrote:Can you try again over the next few visits - I've cleared out one of the database tables relating to logins.
So far so good. Many thanks for your help.

mcmahos
Site Admin

Post by mcmahos » Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:34 pm

Some folk, in particular Angus, are still experiencing issues with the autologin feature not working as expected, and then after they do log in and start a post, they get a 'not logged in' warning when trying to post their message.

Can I ask that if anyone is experiencing the same problem you post a reply to this message with the following information:

Make/model of computer (eg Macbook, Dell Vostro etc)
Operating System and system pack (if applicable) eg Windows XP SP3
Browser (eg Internet Explorer, Chrome, Safari, Firefox)
Browser Version
Any alternative browser tried with the same problems.

This will help me try to fathom out what is possibly causing the problem, as at the moment I'm pretty stumped as to the cause.

Thanks

Stuart

mcmahos
Site Admin

Post by mcmahos » Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:41 am

Have just updated a cookie setting on the forum to see if that makes a difference. Please clear out your browser's cache and try logging in. Any problems getting in, drop me an email at stuart@md93.co.uk.

starr5

Post by starr5 » Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:36 am

Hi Stuartook me about a dozen go's at login and shutting down and restart windows twice before I finally managed to get in thought i had been banned. I am on Windows Prof went straight in after the the second boot up of Internet Explorer.
Keep up the good work.

Don't let the thingys get you down

Mike P
Mike Patterson

mcmahos
Site Admin

Post by mcmahos » Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:56 am

Thanks for your update Mike. After changing the setting I couldn't get logged in at all on Chrome which put me into a mild panic. Tried a dozen or so times like yourself. Got logged in via Internet Explorer ok, which relieved said panic, cleared out Chrome's cache and, touch wood, I've been logged in permanently since.

EDIT: And for the record no-one's been banned. That's an extreme last resort for bad behaviour :)

Doxford Diesel

Post by Doxford Diesel » Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:30 pm

I was unable to log in - each time it seemed to have got there it defaulted to the log in page again. Cleared all cookies for the forum and tried again, and it's now working as it should.

Windows 7 (Home Premium, SP1)
Google Chrome Dev channel 18.0.1025.1

Henk

Post by Henk » Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:52 am

For me it is not possible to log in with Google Chrome! I tried all possible things: nothing. So now I am running Firefox. Excellent.
Last edited by Henk on Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Henk de Winde

yorkieman

Post by yorkieman » Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:20 am

Hello, I'm back, had to deleted browsing history and the 'preserve favourite websites' then restart the PC to get in.
Whoopee.
George Robinson
Freeman of Eriskay

Patrick Hill

Post by Patrick Hill » Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:25 am

Was logged out but just entered details and got in ok.

Woody

Post by Woody » Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:53 pm

I am still unable to Log in to the site with Windows Explorer 8 and Windows XP Professional, Version 5.1

I have repeatedly deleted the browsing History and rebooted the computer with the same result. When asked to login I do so and I am logged in for about 4 seconds before I am asked for my details again and I can get no further

I have now resorted to using Firefox, and can log in, but I do hate having to learn new programs

Am I the only one with this problem?
Can anyone cure it?

mcmahos
Site Admin

Post by mcmahos » Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:31 pm

There's still a few folks with access issues. Here's how to clear the cache and cookies in IE8. Let me know if you still have problems after you've tried it.

1. Click the "Start" button in the bottom-left corner of your computer's main screen and select "Control Panel."
2. Click "Network and Internet" and select "Internet Options." Press the "Safety" button.
3. Click "Delete Browsing History" and click the check boxes next to the various categories of stored information you want deleted. (I'd recommend them all)
4. Untick the "Preserve Favorites Website Data" - that would keep any cookies or files associated with the Web sites in your Internet Explorer's "Favorites" list. Click the "Delete" button to clear Internet Explorer 8's cache.

Henk

Post by Henk » Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:55 am

Thanks Stuart, working now. Will send your post to Jaap and Tom.
Henk de Winde

yorkieman

Post by yorkieman » Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:00 am

I seem to be back again, eureka!

The cookie in my files is now listed as
favicon forums.clydemaritime.co.uk/images/favicon.ico
which I don't remember seeing before but it's dated from some time in January.

Hoping I don't disappear again.
Anyway, enjoyed the Rugby yesterday ...... :D
George Robinson
Freeman of Eriskay

Woody

Post by Woody » Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:45 am

Thanks for your help Stuart

I had deleted the browsing History several times before using the Internet Options on the explorer toolbar

I have now repeated it using the Safety button option, I then removed Explorer 8 (forgetting that Explorer 6 remained). I installed Explorer 8 again and it now works with the site.

I now have some catching up to do

Cheers
Woody

Return to “Housekeeping”