Question about Clyde Maritime

Info about the site
duncanwilson

Question about Clyde Maritime

Post by duncanwilson » Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:29 am

What does the circle on the left hand side of the Boards indicate? Sometimes they are flickering away. Some are red and others are black. Can you please tell me what the circles are for?

Cheers, Duncan.

mcmahos
Site Admin

Re: Question about Clyde Maritime

Post by mcmahos » Sat Nov 26, 2011 1:14 pm

Ha ha - I had the same question from Angus a few weeks ago!

The colours and shapes reflect the status of a post.

If it's red it means that there is content in that forum or thread which has been unread by yourself. Once you have read all the messages it will turn blue.

If the icon contains some moving text then that indicates a popular topic (more than 20 posts I think it is)

If it contains a small * it means that you have posted a message to that topic.

If it contains an i, that post is an announcement.

And finally, if the icon is more like a keyhole with an !, it means that the topic is a 'sticky' that will always appear at the top of the lists.

I've probably missed some variations out, but that's the main ones. Hope that helps.

Stuart
Stuart McMahon, Site Admin and Head Honcho
www.clydemaritime.co.uk | forums.clydemaritime.co.uk (Tapatalk enabled) | puffers.clydemaritime.co.uk
Twitter: @clydemaritime

My website: md93.co.uk | My Flickr site | My blog: longtail.co.uk | Twitter: @threetowner

duncanwilson

Post by duncanwilson » Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:38 pm

Yes indeed, many thanks. I'm glad to hear that such an erudite and experienced fellow like Angus had to ask the same question!

alannewman

Post by alannewman » Sat Jan 07, 2012 6:00 pm

When i go into the clyde forum the circle is red denoting that i have unread posts. The only post i have showing red is Mortgage for the paddler posted june 16th 2011. It`s the same with the rail forum and quite a few others eg Svitsers. The only connection i can make is that the last post was always tugster ecosse. It`s not a big problem but i`m just wondering what`s causing it

Angus Mac Kinnon

Post by Angus Mac Kinnon » Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:14 pm

duncanwilson wrote:Yes indeed, many thanks. I'm glad to hear that such an erudite and experienced fellow like Angus had to ask the same question!

Heh - Heid Honcho - did you hear that ? I've been promoted! :clap: Move over, ya imposter, Ah'm in charge noo!

The Yorkie-Bar is 2IC and you can carry on making the tea, okay ? Don't know what to do with the Puffermannie - I had thought crotchet or embroidery or maybe flower-arranging .... but he's no' much use at these either ..... :D
Angus Mac Kinnon

Return to “Housekeeping”