New Arrival.

peter dunbavand

New Arrival.

Post by peter dunbavand » Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:15 pm

In Swansea today,think she's been in for the last 24 hours ish,Seven sins,reg in Bideford, think she might be helping out with the mumbles lifeboat station??
Attachments
IMG_0647_1.jpg

IanT

Re: New Arrival.

Post by IanT » Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:59 am

If I am right Peter, I think this was at one time a Landing Craft from either HMS Fearless or her sister HMS Intrepid, saw one of these in Dale a while back, maybe Dave Barrett can confirm.

Ian
Ian Thomas

DAVE BARRETT

Post by DAVE BARRETT » Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:24 pm

Yeah thats one off either HMS Fearless Intrepid but not one of the 6 we converted at pembroke dock about 10-13 years we fitted them with volvo main engines perkins power packs and schottel water jets.

If i remember the one down dale was name Sabrina

http://www.keynvormorlift.co.uk/pdfs/se ... 20spec.pdf

Cheers
Dave

IanT

Post by IanT » Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:27 pm

Thanks for the info Dave, the one at Dale her name was a blank to me.

Ian
Ian Thomas

tugnutter

Post by tugnutter » Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:44 pm

the SABRINA was in Swansea about 5 years ago .She called in to do a bit of maintenance on the RIPARIAN, which had been re_arranging the bed of the marina...dredging from the shallow end, and dumping in the deep end, which is now also shallow!! Both vessels owned by Fred Larkham , Chepstow... The SABRINA (ancient name for the river Severn), was equipped for bed levelling, but didn,t work at Swansea...Older fellers will remember Sabrina as being a British actress well endowed in the upper frontal region...happy days!!

Return to “Bristol Channel”