Henk

Post by Henk » Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:55 pm

After 20 pages of placing my Svitzer fleetlist, I must conclude I had done this work for an average of 6 persons per ship included myself.
Sorry to say, but for all those "SVITZER-----" tugs coming, I can not make myself up to do this work anymore. I do have to translate every ship, every word because my collection is in Dutch! I think, I will better stop this. Sorry for those 5 persons interested in it.
Even so for Hurtigruten. It seems to me there is only some interest in British vessels. Others knows a lot more than I do!
So, maybe I better stop that also. Cost me more then 2 hours a day and if nobody is interested....! Why would I do so?

What do you honoustly think about this? Don't be afraid, you can tell me!
Henk de Winde

yorkieman

Re: Message

Post by yorkieman » Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:30 pm

Henk, first of all I think you have to look on this as a long-term reference point, the number of viewings of individual ships or tugs after a few days is only just the start! The number of viewings will grow in time and also you and others will have data and photos to add as ships are sold etc.
Individual tugs will always attract different amounts of attention, I see one with 62 hits, quite a few in 20-35 range. We want this to be a really international site but at the moment as most members are in the UK, the interest is going to reflect that membership. Svitzer is world-wide and many tugs are ones we will never come across but it's useful to have a complete record. In time, the membership will become more world-wide and so the interest can only grow from small beginnings. You have gone so far with Svitzer, please complete it!
George Robinson
Freeman of Eriskay

Magoonigal

Post by Magoonigal » Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:40 pm

I agree with George in so far as these Fleet lists are a very good reference work for the future, I can see where Henk is coming from when he looks at the number of Member's viewing his Post's and wonder's, Is it worth the effort??
I can honestly say that I have viewed every Post that Henk has made, But can I make a suggestion...........
Keep it going BUT Don't post so many at a time. Like everybody else we all have limited time in which to view the various site's and the tendancy is to have a quick look, and if we see anything really interesting drop back.
I must admit to being more interested in the Hurtigruten Ships and where Henk has drawn a blank with information I have tried to add what I can. There may be other's where I could have added something but where it appears complete, I have not.
So Please keep Posting Henk but perhaps reduce the number you post at a time and cut your workload down. Its going to take longer to complete the job but, it will in time be a very good reference. It may also increase the number of people who view them.
I hope so!!

As an aside, we have 438 Member's, of those 55% have never posted anything, 81% have posted less than 10 times and only 4.6% (20) of the Member's have Posted more than 100 times. I like this site because it is sooooooooooo easy to follow a thread and I hope it continues and grows. I should post more pictures but I'm having problems with the software I use to resize them and I'm not sure about Photobucket, not being a great Computer wizz kid.(Its a very long time since I was a Kid as well!) I'm sure its quite easy really!!

So there is my contribution to this thread............

PS. As George says quite a few of the Svitzer Fleet have high hit rates, and yes, they tend to be the UK ones because here in the UK we are just getting used to Svitzer taking over the WORLD!!

Paul. (Trying very hard not to be Negative.)
Paul Hood.

Angus Mac Kinnon

Message for Henk

Post by Angus Mac Kinnon » Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:48 pm

You disappointment is understandable, given the amount of effort you put into the task each and every day, but the comments from Paul and George sum it up very well, I think. That is, it would be a great loss if you were to discontinue now, having gone so far and so dilligently until now, so keep them coming, don't dare go away, how can this site develop into the class act it is slowly shaping up to be without these valued contributions ?
Angus Mac Kinnon

Henk

Post by Henk » Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:39 am

Okay boys, maybe Paul has right. Will start two at the time. Takes some longer to complete of course, but I hope I will have time enough.
Henk de Winde

alasdairmac

Post by alasdairmac » Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:12 pm

Glad to hear that Henk. Take your time my friend, you are building a very valuable research resource for future generations.

John Cassels

Post by John Cassels » Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:57 am

Je doet het heel goed Hank , ga maar lekker door.

TonyAllard

Post by TonyAllard » Sat Nov 26, 2011 1:40 am

i have found that the list of svitzer's flleet on this site to be the best around. :clap:
Last edited by TonyAllard on Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Henk

Post by Henk » Sat Nov 26, 2011 8:13 am

Thanks Tony, try to do my very best!
Henk de Winde

Return to “Svitzer Fleet”