User Profile Hints

A few simple rules and "How-to" articles to get the best from our site
mcmahos
Site Admin

User Profile Hints

Post by mcmahos » Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:37 am

This is just a request for users to fill in as much of their User Profile information that they are comfy with. Having your real name shown somewhere is a help to others searching for long lost friends, particularly if your username is obscure.

To access it, click on User Control Panel in the grey bar near the top left of all pages, and then choose the Profile Tab. You can then add a Signature which could include your name and words of wisdom. Below that you can edit your avatar - by default it shows a ClydeMaritime Crew logo, but that can be changed - files must be no bigger than 90 x 90 pixels and 60k in size.

I appreciate that not everyone wishes to publish lots of personal information and that's fine.
Stuart McMahon, Site Admin and Head Honcho
www.clydemaritime.co.uk | forums.clydemaritime.co.uk (Tapatalk enabled) | puffers.clydemaritime.co.uk
Twitter: @clydemaritime

My website: md93.co.uk | My Flickr site | My blog: longtail.co.uk | Twitter: @threetowner

mcmahos
Site Admin

Re: User Profile Hints

Post by mcmahos » Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:27 pm

It is now a requirement for new users to add their real name whilst registering a new account. That name will not be visible publicly - only to Admin and Moderators. This does not affect existing users, although as described above we would encourage you to fill in your user profile.
Stuart McMahon, Site Admin and Head Honcho
www.clydemaritime.co.uk | forums.clydemaritime.co.uk (Tapatalk enabled) | puffers.clydemaritime.co.uk
Twitter: @clydemaritime

My website: md93.co.uk | My Flickr site | My blog: longtail.co.uk | Twitter: @threetowner

Return to “READ ME FIRST”