LITTORIO

User avatar
Deepol
Posts: 4160
Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:20 pm
Location: Glasgow

LITTORIO

Post by Deepol » Thu Sep 17, 2015 11:12 am

Littorio porto Genova.jpg
Courtesy collection of Sergio and Anton Grimaldi, Genoa
Italian battleship commissioned at Genoa in 1940. She was badly damaged in the famous Taranto raid but was repaired and undertook sorties against Mediterranean convoys.
She was later renamed ITALIA and following Italy's withdrawal from WW2 was interned in the Bitter Lakes.
She was broken up at Spezia in 1954.
Paul Strathdee

Return to “The War at Sea”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest