RABBI MOHAMMED

Non-Clyde related shipping and ports: Rest of Scotland, England, Wales, Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland
markes

RABBI MOHAMMED

Post by markes » Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:30 pm

Dive support vessel RABBI MOHAMMED reg in Harwich,on the Tyne 10.05.96,anyone any ideas as to her details?
Attachments
RABBI MOHAMMED 100596a.jpg
Photo Michael Green
RABBI MOHAMMED 100596b.jpg
Photo Michael Green

Magoonigal

Re: RABBI MOHAMMED

Post by Magoonigal » Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:36 pm

That takes me back!!!

She came into Blyth as well and I think we knew something about her at the time, but I cannot remember.

I'll have a look.
Paul Hood.

alasdairmac

Post by alasdairmac » Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:49 pm

Now that's a name to conjour with! Never imagined there would be a Rabbi named Mohammed. ;)

Magoonigal

Post by Magoonigal » Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:00 pm

Sorry Mick, had to give in.

I've been through all my slides for 95/96/97 and cannot find any of her which is very strange.

Nothing in Marine News either.

I have a feeling her original name was still on one of her Lifebouys, but I could be wrong.

I think she was based at Harwich in an earlier life.
Paul Hood.

markes

Post by markes » Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:50 am

Thanks Paul,certainly is a teaser,I have been on the look out for information since I saw her,always drawing a blank! Michael

Bill Harvey

Post by Bill Harvey » Fri Oct 21, 2011 1:59 pm

Watched a repeat of the UK Border Force series recently and they covered an incident in the Channel involving UK and French customs aircraft and patrol vessels tracking and eventually boarding a vessel laden with drums of drugs. Lots of aerial filming and the vessel, quoted as a diving vessel had a close similarity to this one. Unfortunately I don't recall seeing or hearing a name mentioned.

However that said, if it was her then she would not be very seaworthy after the customs rummage crew had been through her cutting holes to access potential hiding places. Having already seized a phenominal amount of drugs in drums on deck and recovered jettisoned drums from the sea, they would not be too worried what state they left her.

Bill

Return to “UK & Ireland”